‘His’, ‘hers’, ‘mine’, ‘yours', ‘ours’ and ‘theirs’ are possessive pronouns. They are used to show that something belongs to someone.
‘His (他的)’、 ‘hers (她的)’、 ‘mine (我的) '、 'yours (你的)’、 ‘ours (我们的)’ 及 ‘theirs (他们的)’ 是 所有格代名词. 它们是用来显示某物是属于某人的。
Possessive pronouns are used after nouns, usually at the end of a sentence.
This bag is mine. 这个旅行袋是我的。
(The possessive pronoun ‘mine’ is used after the noun ‘bag’.)
(所有格代名词 ‘mine’ 位于名词 ‘bag’ 之后.)
This is his pen. 这是他的钢笔。
This pen is his. 这支钢笔是他的。
This is his bicycle. 那是他的自行车。
This bicycle is his. 那辆自行车是他的。
This is her hairband. 这是她的束发带。
This hairband is hers. 这束发带是她的。
That is her doll. 那是她的洋娃娃。
That doll is hers. 那个洋娃娃是她的。
This is my computer. 这是我的电脑。
This computer is mine. 这台电脑是我的。
This is your chair. 这是你的椅子。
This chair is yours. 这张椅子是你的。
That is your table. 那是你的桌子。
That table is yours. 那张桌子是你的。
Those are our racquets. 那些是我们的球拍。
Those racquets are ours. 那些球拍是我们的。
These are their magazines. 这些是他们的杂志。
These magazines are theirs. 这些杂志是他们的。
Compare the pronouns, possessive adjectives and possessive pronouns below.
|Pronouns 代名词||Possessive Adjectives 所有格形容词||Possessive Pronouns 所有格代名词|
|he 他||his 他的||his 他的|
|she 她||her 她的||hers 她的|
|I 我||my 我的||mine 我的|
|you 你||your 你的||yours 你的|
|we 我们||our 我们的||ours 我们的|
|they 他们||their 他们的||theirs 他们的|
|it 它||its 它的|
A. Choose the correct answers.
1) This is my flashlight. This flashlight is (my, mine).
2) Those are his posters. Those posters are (he, his)
3) That is her ring. That ring is (her, hers).
4) These are our pet fish. These pet fish are (our, ours).
5) Those are his pictures. Those pictures are (he, his).
6) These are their watches. These watches are (they, theirs).
7) This is your desk. This desk is (yours, your).
8) Those are their trucks. Those trucks are (theirs, their).
9) These are her flowers. These flowers are (hers, her).
10) This is my belt. This belt is (my, mine).
B. Choose the correct answers.
1) This is (my, mine) newspaper. This newspaper is (my, mine).
2) Those are (he, his) pets. Those pets are (he, his)
3) That is (her, hers) lipstick. That lipstick is (her, hers).
4) These are (our, ours) clocks. These clocks are (our, ours).
5) Those are (he, his) toys. Those toys are (he, his).
6) These are (their, theirs) fruits. These fruits are (they, theirs).
7) This is (your, yours) garden. This garden is (yours, your).
8) Those are (their, theirs) horses. Those horses are (theirs, their).
9) These are (her, hers) drinks. These drinks are (hers, her).
10) This is (my, mine) necktie. This necktie is (my, mine).
1) mine 2) his 3) hers 4) ours 5) his 6) theirs 7) yours 8) theirs 9) hers 10) mine
1) my, mine 2) his, his 3) her, hers 4) our, ours 5) his, his 6) their, theirs 7) your, yours 8) their, theirs 9) her, hers 10) my, mine